What's Next Helena?
To review our findings from Round One of Community Conversations click the image above (December 14, 2021)
One Connected Community is an important process for Helena, but a comprehensive plan can be complicated. Please find some answers to common questions below:
- What is a Comprehensive Plan?: A Comprehensive Plan is an adopted policy document used by City leaders, developers, business owners, and residents to make decisions about future growth, development and capital improvements.
- Why does Helena need a plan?: The first Helena Comprehensive Plan was developed in 2003, and since then there have been to updates to it in 2011 and 2016. A new Comprehensive Plan is needed to reflect current community changes and priorities and create a framework for sound decision-making over the next decade.
- Who’s invited to participate?: If you care about the future of Helena, you should join the conversation. You don’t need to be an expert. Your experiences and perspective are critical inputs. Join us!
- What will happen at the Community Kick Off?: During the meeting, the planning team will introduce the process and share key findings from the initial research and analysis. Participants will be asked to share their ideas with the team and discuss their hopes and concerns for Helena.
- What will be studied through the process? A new Comprehensive Plan is needed in order to assist the City of Helena “Client” in enhancing the quality of life for residents, preparing for new housing growth, enhancing city services and amenities, guiding new development and redevelopment, expanding multi-modal options, and continuing to bring in new investment into the Old Town Helena.
- What will all this lead to? The process is being led by a multidisciplinary, citizen steering committee. They will be assisted by MKSK, a community planning firm from Columbus, Ohio with decades of experience in similar projects.
- How long will the process take? The project will span 14-months with opportunities for the community throughout. Stay tuned and stay up-to-date
- Where can I go to find out more? Ready to get involved or read more about the process? Head over the process website and read all about the work.
Register for the meeting and share this opportunity today!
THIS IS YOUR VISION FOR HELENA
The Helena Comprehensive Plan is a community-driven process to develop a citywide Comprehensive Plan as a unifying vision for the future of Helena. This process will empower all Helena residents to shape the vision and make recommendations that will guide the City's decisions for years to come.
HOW DO I STAY INVOLVED?
Click the link below to sign up for our project newsletter and stay up-to-date on public events and project progress.